All non-emergency patients should be referred to Atlanta Veterinary Specialists by their primary care veterinarian.
If you wish, you can print and fill out the Patient Information Form for the day of your appointment.
If you may need CareCredit, we recommend applying for it in advance of your appointment. You may apply by visiting CareCredit.com and choosing Apply Now
Prior to your appointment (Dermatology)
Patients are able to see specialists at Atlanta Veterinary Specialists after their general practicing veterinarian has referred them. Once the appointment is made, we will gather all history. In order to asses your pet, we do request the following:
1. Please do not bathe your pet one-week prior to the scheduled appointment time.
2. Please do not give your pet any steroids or antihistamines (oral or topical) 2 weeks prior to the appointment. (This is preferred, but not required. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call us.)
On the day of your appointment
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to complete any necessary paperwork. If you wish to help speed up the check-in process, you can print and fill out the Patient Information Form.
- You may continue feeding as normal, but if you have any questions, please call us to clarify any concerns.
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, please give us a 24-hour notice. We'll be happy to reschedule.
When You Get Here
After you check in with one of our client service representatives, the technician will get a weight of your animal and the doctor and technician will meet with you to get a complete medical history and evaluate your pet's condition. The doctor will also most likely perform a more thorough examination of the pet away from the examination room in our treatment room. At this point, we should be able to provide you with an assessment of your pet's treatment options, plans and costs. A deposit may be required before performing any additional tests or treatments.
Payment is expected at the time services are provided. Atlanta Veterinary Specialists accepts cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, and CareCredit.
Atlanta Veterinary Specialists does not offer any delayed billing or insurance filing. Extended payment plans are available through CareCredit. All insurance forms must be filled out and submitted by the client.