Since 1988, AVS has led the way in advanced dermatology specialty care. In 2015, we moved to our flagship Johns Creek hospital, and began offering emergency care. While we have continued to grow, our dedication to our patients has remained the same, and we always remember our mission and core values.
THE AVS Mission of EXCELLENCE
AVS exists to provide exceptional patient care and passionate client service. AVS is about working together as a team with clients and referral partners to improve the life of every animal and family we touch.
OUR History & What We've Achieved
- In 1988, Dr. Schick started Atlanta Veterinary Specialists as a dermatology-referral center in Roswell, GA, making her the first veterianry dermatologist in Georgia.
- In 2005, Dr. Mary Schick, DVM, DACVD was named the "Best Dermatologist for Pets" by Atlanta Magazine
- In 2013, Dr. Schick purchased the Johns Creek campus and began planning the new AVS Johns Creek hospital.
- In 2015, AVS officially opened for business in Johns Creek.
- On May 27, 2016, Atlanta Veterinary Specialists expanded with the addition of Dr. Kayla Born, DVM, DACVS-SA, a board-certified small animal surgeon, to our specialty team.